Listing files in 'Engineering'
The Burlington Township Engineering Department provides engineering, GIS and other technical services to the Township Planning and Zoning Boards, Township Sewer, Water, Recreation Departments, Public Works and other departments. The Engineering Department implements the annual Capital Improvement plan, as authorized and funded by the Township Council, by planning and prioritizing needs, obtaining grants and low interest loans for project funding, collecting information and preparing plans and specifications for the construction of various public projects. The Engineering Department also manages, supervises and inspects the construction of improvements within the Township.
These projects include the following:
- Street, Curb and Sidewalk Improvements
- Sanitary Sewer Collection System, Pump Station and Treatment Plant Construction and Improvements
- Water Distribution System, Public Well and Treatment Plant Construction and Improvements
- Township Recreation Facility Construction and Improvements
- Municipal Building and Grounds Improvements and Repair
- Storm Water Management Projects
- Prepares Street Maps, Tax Maps, Zoning Maps, Aerial Maps and Drug Free Zone Maps
- Manage, Maintain and Improve the Township Geographical Information System (GIS)
The Engineering Staff prepares and maintains maps, including the Official Maps of the Township, as well as other records related to the Township Infrastructure. This includes public buildings, public property, storm sewers, water distribution system, streets and roads, public parks, and municipal recreational facilities.
The Engineering Department provides technical assistance to the Planning Board and Zoning Board, as well as the Township Licenses and Inspections Department. The Township Engineering Staff reviews site plans and subdivision applications and prepares reports for the Boards. Upon approval by the respective Board, Engineering inspects the site construction of the development to ensure compliance with Board approvals.
Engineering is also responsible for regulating and inspecting certain activities occurring within the Township Right-of-Ways. The Department issues Road Opening permits for work being conducted in the Township street right-of-ways, including:
- Driveway construction and widening
- Sanitary Sewer Lateral Repairs
- Water Service Lateral Repairs
- Gas, Electric and Cable Service Installation and Repair
The Engineering staff is available to address public complaints and concerns and to respond to information requests with respect to streets and utility infrastructure conditions, and other related matters in the public right-of-way and on municipally owned properties.
Director: Scott W. Hatfield
Phone: (609) 239-5836
Fax: (609) 387-5178
851 Old York Road, Second Floor, Burlington Township, NJ 08016